Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This Has Happened A Lot, Actually

A little variation on the Day In The Life blurb...

I'm afraid to admit that this has happened on multiple occasions lately. 

I might work at a Korean grocery store, but I live really close to a large Midwest supermarket chain, Kroger, and I get a lot of food from there. Mainly because if I shop where I work I end up with a cartload of Matcha Pocky, matcha ice cream, mochi daifuku, various other Japanese chocolates, matcha funwariyaki, pouches of red bean paste that I eat with a spoon-- are you getting the pattern here? Not enough, you know, non-desserts.
 
So I go shopping at Kroger after work, and I come across a display of Doritos splashed with pictures of the Avengers. I squeal in delight and start grabbing at all the flavors. 
"
Wait, wait, wait," my Subconscious tells me. (Side note: yes, that is a Fifty Shades of Grey reference. Thank you for noticing. I have an Inner Goddess too; she's the white girl version of Titus from The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.)
My Inner Goddess, essentially. Gif from Tumblr.
"Hold on," says my Subconscious. "You don't even like Doritos!"

"But Avengers!" is my witty reply. 

"You hate Doritos! You can't stand the taste! You won't even be able to finish one chip!"

"But Avengers..."

Eventually I talk myself out of buying the overpriced chips of artificial nasty taste and put the bags back. Then I wander over to the frozen section...

"OMG there's Avengers Eggo Waffles!" I exclaim. In my head. This conversation takes place entirely in my head, in case that wasn't clear. I'm not crazy. Much. 

"No, no, no!" my Subconscious yells at me. "Those are full of unhealthy carbs!"

"And these are Avengers Eggo Waffles with chocolate chips!!!" I squeal. 

"That's not even real chocolate!" argues my Subconscious. "And there's not enough space to store them in the freezer, anyway."

"AVENGERS EGGO WAFFLES!!!" I shout in my mind. I grab the box and grin at the pictures of Thor, Tony, and Cap. 

And that is why I keep buying boxes of Eggo waffles. 

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment