Sunday, May 3, 2015

So I Finally Got To See Avengers: Age of Ultron

To a certain best friend and her fiance, along with anyone else out there who hasn't yet seen the movie: there are lots of spoilers ahead! Read at your own risk!

All pictures from Tumblr.
I fucking loved Avengers: Age of Ultron! I loved it so much that I am going to see it a third time tomorrow. That's right. A third time. Because it's fucking awesome. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. Love, love, loved it!


So are we going to talk about Thor's visions? His wasn't his past like Natasha's. Like Cap and Tony, his deepest fears were involved, but his vision also showed him things he had no way of knowing otherwise, especially the Infinity Gems revealed so far. He might have known about the Aether and the Tesseract being Infinity Gems, but he couldn't have known about the Power Stone from Guardians of the Galaxy or that the Scepter contained the Mind Stone. Is it because he's a god? Or was all-seeing Heimdall contacting him via the vision? And that hooded figure-- I'm convinced that was Loki. Anyone else agree with me? Does Thor know that Loki was working with Thanos? Did Loki ever tell anyone that? Does Thor have any idea what Thanos is up to, or is Thanos purposefully shielding himself from Heimdall by having previously used middlemen (Loki, Ronan, even Malekith) to get the Gems for him?

And is it weird that they introduced Black Panther's nemesis Klaw before introducing Black Panther? Andy Serkis was fucking awesome and hilarious as Ulysses Klaue, and I loved that they're setting up introducing Black Panther, but it's still a little weird, right?

Did anyone else think Scarlet Witch was really under powered? This a woman who bends reality to her will. She created an alternate universe just by thinking it. She de-powered like 90% of mutants just by screaming "No more mutants!" at Magneto. I get that she's still discovering how to use her powers, and her coming out to join combat was a powerful moment, but she should be more powerful. Hopefully in the future we'll see her explore more of her abilities.

Also, the only thing that bothered me about Quicksilver was his speech. In like every other incarnation Quicksilver always talks really really really really fast, like he does everything super fast, and I was disappointed that Pietro spoke like a normal person here. See below for the comparisons of other Quicksilver portrayals (my personal fave is the X-Men: Evolution version).





I wish there had been more Falcon (although yay, more comic book-based costume!), although I understand not wanting too many elements in epic fight scenes already crammed with characters. Speaking of, yay, War Machine! I really wished he had gotten to fight in the last Avengers film, so huzzah!

Can I take a moment to mention just how fucking amazing James Spader was as Ultron? In every single scene, he just brought so much to the character. He had the right balance of rage and self-righteousness, and he was hilarious in a movie chock-full of witty one-liners! Oh, he was awesome.

And so was Vision. OMG Vision. Especially the part with Mjolnir... And that last scene with him and Ultron.... But the Mind Stone is in his head! His head! Is Thanos going to rip it out of his head?! Will Vision survive that? Or will that bring back Ultron since part of Ultron's consciousness is in him?!!!!!

And with JARVIS becoming Vision, I will miss JARVIS, but FRIDAY was in it! Hurray!

And the Hulk-buster armor scene! It's not easy to make a fight that epic with that much humor, but they pulled it off! And so much Science Bros! I could totally use a movie of just Science Bros!


And Hawkeye felt more like Hawkeye this time.

Yeah. That's the facial expression I expect to see on Hawkeye 24/7!

And all the feels of Quicksilver's death! I'm still upset about that! It's not fair to kill him off like that!

And Natasha putting aside her personal feelings to do what she knows she has to do to save people... Natasha is a much stronger character than she gets credit for. The only reason they didn't have her attempting to pick up Mjolnir is because she would have succeeded! Seriously, she has wielded Mjolnir in the comics.

Am I the only one who stayed behind convinced that Joss Whedon was lying about no final credits scene? Yes, there was the fucking epic Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet scene, but no end end credits scene like the shawarma scene. I totally thought he was lying, and he wasn't. No shawarma. Sadness.

BUT OMG THE INFINITY GAUNTLET I'M TOTALLY FANGIRLING RIGHT NOW JUST THINKING ABOUT IT AND I BOUGHT A REPRINT OF THE FIRST ISSUE OF INFINITY WAR AT FREE COMIC BOOK DAY YESTERDAY AND I'M GEEKING OUT SO MUCH ABOUT IT!!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!1



Ahem. Calming down now.

I really don't understand why so many people were disappointed with the movie. What the hell? It was amazing!

What did you think of Age of Ultron? What was your favorite part? Are you excited for Infinity Wars too? Let me know in the comments, or tweet me @ak_gossipghoul!

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment