Sunday, May 17, 2015

Fabulous Tip of the Day: Rock Star Braid-hawk

Today's Fab Tip:

This is an edgy and badass look rocked by Paper Towns actress Halston Sage in the newest issue of Seventeen. (Yes, I am 25 and still read Seventeen, because it's full of awesome beauty advice and how-to's like this!) Basically the look is a faux-hawk of french braids and a Kat Von D-esque face tattoo, which is totally my look for today. Here's how to get it:

"Show off your hard-core side with a braid-hawk and (temporary) face tats. For your hair, create three French braids: one on each side of your head and one on the top. Weave each one until you reach the base of your head, then weave the three plaits together into a side braid. For eye art, simply use a star-shaped stencil and black liner[.]"
-- Taken from Seventeen magazine, June/July 2015, page 89.

My advice is to use a root-boosting volumizing spray to give your your top french braid some height, and spray the completed look with a texturizing finishing spray. Go with nude gloss and just mascara for makeup, since you don't want your eyes or lips to compete with the star tats. In the magazine Halston Sage is wearing a pleather crop top and jeans, but for me, since I personally despise crop tops, I would wear jeans, my white AC/DC tank top, and a black moto jacket.

Yep, I took a picture of the magazine page with my phone.
What do you think of this look? Would you style it differently? Let me know in the comments.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment