Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Song of the Week: Love Me Like You Do

"Love Me Like You Do" by Ellie Goulding is my new favorite song. I've been listening to it on repeat lately. Once in a while, I find a song that just fills me with happiness, and this is one of those. I love the entire soundtrack to the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. I love the book and the movie too, but the soundtrack is particularly awesome. It's a great mix of songs with romantic stuff, Danny Elfman instrumentals, classic rock Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra, and more, but "Love Me Like You Do" is my favorite song on there. Here's the official music video for it.




This song especially means a lot to me because it's been inspiring my writing. The love songs that I've really focused on lately I've been associating with the main romance on my current book, Hell's Bells. Usually I find a song that relates to how one girl feels or the how the other girl feels (yes, it's a lesbian romance), but there are only a few songs that accommodate both girls' perspectives. "Love Me Like You Do" is one of those, which means it's doubly inspiring to me, and right now I can use all the inspiration I can get.

What did you think of the song? Have you listened to the Fifty Shades soundtrack? What loves songs inspire you? Let me know in the comments, or tweet me @ak_gossipghoul.

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul

No comments:

Post a Comment