Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Love Letters

Ah, Valentine's Day... The day where everyone has a lot of pressure placed on them by society to be in a perfectly romantic, wonderful relationship. Ugh. Those of us who are single always become extra-cynical at this time of the year as we see all the happy couples surrounding us and so many people nagging us about why we aren't doing anything special with someone for Valentine's Day. Frankly, the whole thing is rather annoying. Especially since it's Lent, and I can't buy any chocolate.

That doesn't mean I dislike the mushy stuff. I am a romantic at heart. My love is usually unrequited. Probably because I fall for unattainable people. Ah well. In honor of Valentine's Day, here's a love letter to the girl I want to marry...

Dear Taylor Swift,
I wish I could express my feelings for you in song, but unlike you in all your loveliness, I have no musical talent. Your music, however, speaks to me on a deep, personal level. Whether I'm feeling happy, depressed, wistful, or hopeful, you have songs to fit every one of my moods, songs that always make me feel connected instead of all alone. On top of that, you are an amazing, beautiful, inspiring girl -- the perfect woman! I'd marry you if I could. I'd break all my no relationship rules for you. I mean it. Your songs of unrequited love echo this never-to-be romance.
Affectionately yours,
Aurora K.

Aww, that was sweet. How about another one?

Dear Castiel,
Although I am fully aware that you are meant to be with Dean Winchester forever, my heart is still full of affection for you, and I desperately want to give you a hug (at least you got one from Dean, right?). Even though I am greatly entertained by all the terrible, tragic things that happen to you, your misery and loneliness yank on my heartstrings, playing them like a harp with a desolate tune until they're bleeding with empathy. OK, that turned out to be slightly more morbid than I intended. I'm sure it's funnier in Enochian. Anyway, it's totally OK for us to be together, dear Castiel, even though I'm a lesbian, because angels are genderless. See? Completely OK.
With love, Aurora K.

That was fun. Here's a few more:

Dear Black Widow,
Call Me?
XOXO

Dear Katy Perry,
Kiss this girl, and I guarantee you'll like it.
XOXO

Dear Katniss Everdeen,
As awesome and badass as you are, Girl On Fire, you belong with Peeta, and I'm not messing with that. Sorry.
XOXO

Dear Dracula,
Uh, hello? My neck is right here, all vulnerable and exposed. Go on and bite me already, you vampire!
XOXO

Dear Draculaura,
After I've been bitten, what do you say to twirling your adorable little parasol over my head, and we'll watch the bats fly at sunset? It'll be totally romantic!
XOXO

Dear Charlize Theron,
O. M. Sexy! That's all I can say.
XOXO

Dear Mila Kunis,
Same thing. Wow.
XOXO

Dear Selena Gomez,
You are the thunder, and I am the lightning.
XOXO

Dear Faith the Slayer,
Yes, you do look fantastic in those leather pants!
XOXO

Dear Lady Mary Crawley,
It would never work out between us, darling. So sorry, but MaryXMatthew forever.
XOXO

I hope these entertained you all, dear readers. Happy Valentine's Day! (Technically St. Valentine's Day.)

XOXO
Gossip Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment